This post is about Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani student and education activist, who is known for her activism for girls’ and women’s rights.
Malala is the youngest person to win the Nobel Peace Prize at the age of 17.
- Name: Malala Yousafzai
- Birth date: July 12, 1997
- Birthplace: Mingora, Pakistan
- Lady Margaret Hall
- Edgbaston High School for Girls
- Khushal Public School
- University of Oxford
- Education Activist
- Human rights activist
- Women’s rights activist
- Noble Peace Prize
- Glamour Award for The Girls’ Hero
- Asia Game Changer Awards
- Shorty Award for Teen Hero
- Sakharov Prize
- National Malala Peace Prize
- Simone de Beauvoir Prize
- United Nations Prize in the Field of Human Rights
- Ambassador of Conscience Award
- Mother Teresa Awards
- Goodreads Choice Awards Best Memoir and Autobiography
In 2012 she was shot and almost killed during an assassination attempt by The Taliban for campaigning for girls’ rights and education. Many officials did not agree with her campaign.