Think of a topic you want to write your post about. Research! Read books and look up articles on the internet. Make sure it is coming from a reliable source. Start organizing your ideas and facts! Ask yourself:
- What kind of a post is this going to be?
- Will it be short or long?
- Will it be funny or serious?
- Will it contain interesting facts to learn, or a description of something or someone?
- What information will I put in my post?
- What will I leave out?
- In what order will I put my information?
- What will be first? What will be in the middle? What will be last?
- How long will it be?
Do not quit at this step in the writing process. This is when you show your best ability and character. Write your post, then answer these questions:
- What is the purpose of this post? Is it to inform? To describe? To amuse? Did I achieve my purpose?
- Will my readers enjoy this post? Will they learn anything?
- How many details and facts do I have? Is it enough?
- Are all of my facts accurate?
- Is my paper written in my own words entirely?
- Does every sentence in my post support the title?
- Does each paragraph have unity? Are there at least three sentences in each paragraph?
- Is the information in the best order to make it clear and understandable?
- Did I use transition words to tie ideas together?
- Is the ending good? Does it sound as if I am finished?
- Have I found replacements for words I have kept repeating throughout the post?
- Did I use words and phrases that help the reader see, hear, taste, feel, and smell what I am writing about?
- Do I have a variety of short, medium and long sentences?
- Is my paper easy to read aloud? Does it sound good?
What will help increase the unity and flow of your post is by replacing words that are repeated too much. Examples of these words are:
If you think you are using these words to much, try replacing them with other words that show instead of tell.
To help your post make it through moderation quicker and easier, try polishing your post. Try using this list:
- Use correct spelling.
- Use correct sentence structure. Your post must be free of fragments and run-on sentences.
- Use correct punctuation.
- Use correct capitalization.
- Use correct subject/verb agreement.
- Use correct verb forms and tenses.
- Make sure your post is free of contractions and abbreviations.
- Make sure every pronoun has a clear antecedent.
Congratulations! You have made a great post! Share what you know and feel by writing!