Did you know that 42 million trees are cut down every DAY!?!?!?!?!?
That is a lot of trees! We must work together to save the trees!
Important Reasons Why We Need To Protect Trees:
- Trees remove dangerous greenhouse gasses from our air that are causing climate change and destroying the earth. They eat CO2 gas to produce energy and grow. CO2 gas is a major cause of global warming. After trees use the CO2 gas, they convert it to oxygen which is vital to all of us to live.
- Trees help remove toxic pollution from our air, which lowers diseases, such as heart and lung problems when people breathe in too much smog.
- Trees are home to important wildlife that are important for the natural environment. For example, tree flowers are a critical source of food for bees,
- Trees keep us cooler by providing shade, lowering the temperature by 5 to 8 degrees . This lowers air conditioning costs and helps us feel better.
- Trees store and filter over half the water we drink. They are very good at removing pollutants and sediments when it rains, and then slowly release the cleaner water for us to consume.
- Trees are good for our health. They have been shown to reduce the need for medication for things like anxiety, asthma, depression, high blood pressure or insomnia when we walk around them by as much as 36%.