George Washington was born on February 22nd, 1732, in Westmoreland country, Virginia, and died on December 14th, 1799 in Mount Vernon, Virginia. He was the first president of the U.S in April 30th,1789.
- Born in Westmoreland, country, Virginia (February 22, 1732)
- Father died (April 12,1743)
- Joined Lord Fairfax to survey Shenandoah Valley (1748)
- Brother Lawrence died (July 1752)
- French and Indian war (1754-1763)
- Married Martha Danridge Custis (January 6, 1759)
- Battles of Lexington and Concord start American Revolution (April 1775)
- Named Commander-in-Chief of continental Army (June 15, 1775)
- Crossed the Delaware River (December 25-26, 1776)
- British surrender at Yorktown (October 19, 1781)
- Inaugurated as first U.S. President (April 30, 1789)
- Died at age 67 in Mount Vernon, Virginia (December 14 , 1799)
- Presidents’ Day established (1885)
View More Facts About George Washington Comment below if you know other interesting facts about him.