Do you know the fastest aircrafts in the world? Read this post and find out!
5. Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird – Mach 3.34 (2,200 mph)
4. Lockheed A-12 – Mach 2.88 (2,212 mph)
3. Lockheed YF-12 – Mach 2.96 (2,275 mph)
2. North American X- 15 – Mach 5.89 (4,520 mph)
1. Nasa X-43 – Mach 9.60 (7,366 mph)
The fastest aircraft produced to date is the NASA X-43. The X-43 is also one of the most technologically advanced aircrafts to have ever been produced. The X- 43 is so advanced that it is actually unmanned (cool ha?)! NASA hopes that one day we’ll be able to go to other solar systems using designs inspired by the X-43 (smashing right?).
Note: Mach is the speed of sound and often used for jet speeds as a multiple of it. Mach 1 is about 767 miles per hour (1,245 kph).