Here are some important terms related to agriculture.
- Tilling – Tilling is to prepare and cultivate the land for crops.
- Sowing – Sowing is planting the seeds by scattering it on or in the earth.
- Manuring – Manuring is to apply manure (organic matter/fertilizer) to the land.
- Irrigation – Irrigation is the artificial application of water the land or soil.
- Weeding – Weeding is the plucking or removing the unwanted plants.
- Harvesting – Harvesting is to gather a crop as a harvest.
- Threshing – Threshing is to separate grain from a plant.
- Winnowing – Winnowing is to blow a current of air through (grain) in order to remove the chaff.
Test your knowledge with this Quizlet flashcard game.
How many of these terms did you already know? Has anyone ever done real farming? Please comment below.