In general, I like books that are older, or ones that are fairy tale-ish (but not exactly fantasy), and sci-fi.
These are a few of my favorite books:
- The Great and Terrible Quest by Margaret Lovett.
- Again, some death and gore, so 11+.
- This book is probably my favorite ever, the main character is believable, and it has the best ending I’ve ever read.
- The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen.
- A little bit inappropriate for younger kids, mostly because of death. I’d rate it 12+.
- I like this one too, and it also has a great ending with lots of unexpected twists.
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
- Probably 12+ or 13+, it’s not inappropriate at all, but younger people might not be as interested.
- This is a classic, and I’d definitely recommend it. It’s more targeted towards girls.
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
- Any age!
- I’ve been reading these books with my family for as long as I can remember and they’re still amazing! Go read them!
- I, Robot by Isaac Asimov.
- 13+ (some of his other books might be a little higher though…) for suspense, comprehension, and maybe a little cursing, I can’t remember.
- I love the way this one is almost like a collection of mystery stories, as the characters have to try to figure out why the robots act the way they do. The world building is amazing.
I might make a more polished version with more books, but for now, this is it.